Perfect Oat Milk Ever
Do you like the store-bought oat milk but not the one which you try to make at home yourself? Then do refer to this amazing oat milk recipe.
Does it always turn out to be slimy or gummy or starchy?
Well, now it won’t.
There might be four reasons why your oat milk is turning out to be slimy
- Using instant oats.
- Soaking the oats overnight before making the milk or even for a few minutes before preparing the milk.
- Using lukewarm water or even room-temperature water for preparing milk.
- Blending the contents for a longer time.
- Now let’s have a look at the procedure of preparing the oat milk in detail.
Ingredients required for oat milk
- 1 cup rolled oats or old fashioned oats. (using instant oats can make your oat milk slimy)
- 4 cups of ice-cold water or water with ice cubes. (do not use lukewarm or room-temperature water)
- 2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup. (oat milk isn’t naturally sweet like cow milk and that is the reason we like to add honey or maple syrup just to make it a little yummy and give it some flavor, however, you can skip this process if you would like to have unsweetened or raw or unflavoured oat milk)
- 2-3 drops of vanilla essence (optional).
Procedure – For preparing oats milk
Put 1 cup of oats and 4 cups of water in your blending jar. Blend all the contents together on high speed for about 30 seconds. Do not blend the mixture more than this otherwise the contents will heat up in the blending jar giving rise to sliminess in the oat milk.
Open the lid and now add in the honey or maple syrup and the vanilla essence (optional) and blend it for 5 more seconds.
Now take a muslin cloth or a nut milk bag. Or you can use any fine piece of fabric which will strain the oat milk well.
Strain the oat milk and then pour it in a glass jar and store it in the refrigerator. Oat milk stays fresh in the refrigerator for up to a week. The oat pulp which you will get after straining the milk can be used to make oat pancakes. I have also posted oat pancake recipes on this blog, do read them to explore this amazing dish.
You can use this oat milk in your smoothies, baked goods, or have it just like that.
It isn’t a good option to use the oat milk in hot recipes because it can thicken in it.
Benefits of having oat milk
- It helps in cleaning your body.
- The large quantity of antioxidants in oat milk helps to prevent aging.
- It’s loaded with amino acids which are the source to protein.
- It regulates the sugar levels in your body.
- It helps in weight loss and meets all your nutritional needs.
Not just these five but there are various benefits of having oat milk.
So this was our recipe of perfect oat milk ever.
Do give it a try!