How to relieve stress and anxiety?
With so many social media platforms and mediums of communication where people can put out their opinions or share their feelings. There are a large number of people who find it difficult to express how they feel. They are always anxious and stressing about the small issues in life. I’m sure most of us have felt worried for once during the past few months, but not everybody knows how to relieve stress and anxiety, which makes it worse.
This year hasn’t been easy, and many unpredictable things happened. None of us were ready for them or had no idea how to deal with them. Hence, we’ve tried to make a list of things that you can do on an everyday basis to feel happy and positive.
Ways to relieve stress and anxiety
- Stop overthinking: Nobody overthinks intentionally, but thinking about the same thing over and over again will not help. When you realize that you’re constantly overthinking about something particular, try to focus on something positive. Try talking to somebody, just read a book or watch a YouTube video to distract yourself.
- Please share how you feel/ Pen down your feelings: We build up a lot of things inside, and we don’t let it out. It is essential to communicate, and you can’t run away from it. It isn’t easy to trust someone and share how you feel, but it will make you feel much better. Always be in touch with your family members and update them on your life. If you don’t have anybody to talk to, start writing how your day went. Make it a ritual and do it every day before you sleep.
- Reduce screen time: We are all guilty of using our phones all day long. Nowadays, we need our phone to keep up with the syllabus as well. Despite all this, try not to use your phone the moment you wake up and try not to use your phone half an hour before your bedtime.
- Have a proper sleep cycle: You’d be wondering why it is ‘sleep cycle’ in the list of how to relieve stress and anxiety. Generally, people focus more on hours of their sleep rather than the timing at which they sleep. The timing matters because it enhances the quality of your sleep. Also, if you stay awake all night and sleep during the day, you will end up skipping meals or will have no routine whatsoever. Try going to bed by midnight and wake up 8-8:30. This way, your day feels longer, and you have enough time for yourself.
- Plan your day: Not only do these planners look fancy, but they are useful too. Plan your day the night before, jot down the things you have to do. If you don’t have a lot of things to do, start writing your regular activities like making your bed, doing laundry, or doing homework. It will give you a reason to wake up early.
- Get rid of the mess: Remember when your mother told you to clean your room, well, I am going to tell you the same thing. Declutter your house and get rid of things that you don’t need. Make sure you make your bed every single day or clean your room/house. Open your curtains and let that fresh air and sunlight come into your home. When you start cleaning your room every day, it will give you a sense of achievement too.
- Work out: Involve yourself in at least one physical activity every day. It can be yoga, cardio, jogging, or just taking a stroll in the park. The motive is to move and focus on being healthy. This will also help you in focusing on the good things in life rather than just overthinking.
- Let it go: Last but not least, realize that not everything can be controlled, and you have to let it go. Situations are not always going to be in your favor. So the sooner you realize it, the lesser you’ll suffer.
These were the few points on how to relieve stress and anxiety. Remember, you won’t feel better on the first day. But if you don’t give up on yourself, you will eventually start feeling happy and positive.
Take it slow and enjoy the process.
Remember to love and take care of yourself every day, and if you feel low on some days, just eat your favorite ice cream while watching your favorite movie.