DIY Lip Balm – Made With 100% Natural Ingredients
It’s a well-known fact that your smile is your most powerful weapon. A smile instantly lights up your face and makes you look a lot more approachable. Your lips play an essential role in that beautiful smile of yours. Dry and chapped lips are a complete no-no. Hence, we are always looking for ways to achieve luscious soft lips to have a picture-perfect smile. Worry not; we have an extremely easy DIY lip balm recipe for you to try.
Ingredients required for this DIP Lip Balm
- Almond oil
- Cocoa butter
- Coconut oil
- Essential oil (optional)
How to make this DIY lip balm?
- Take a container or bowl, pour one tablespoon almond oil, a teaspoon of cocoa butter, and a tablespoon coconut oil.
- The second step in the process of making our lip balm is to start heating the oils through a double-boiler method on medium heat. Keep stirring it continuously.
- After few minutes, add a teaspoon of beeswax and stir it until the beeswax and cocoa butter is completely melted.
- Once it’s complete, turn off the heat and add 8 to 10 drops of your favorite essential oil and give it one last stir.
- Immediately pour your DIY lip balm in a glass jar or container in which you would want to store it. Leave the jar or container with its lid open for a couple of hours to cool down. You’ll see that it has taken the shape of the container and is not in liquid form anymore.
That’s it! Your homemade DIY lip balm is ready for you to apply.
There are multiple benefits of this DIY lip balm, and it cannot get any better.
- The almond oil present in the lip balm makes your lips soft and helps you get rid of pigmentation and dark lips. Almond oil makes your lips naturally pink too.
- Coconut oil moisturizes dry lips and makes them look plump and fuller.
- Cocoa butter has natural antioxidants and protects your lips by adding a protective layer.
- Beeswax adds anti-allergenic and anti-inflammatory properties to this lip balm. Beeswax also helps in soothing the delicate skin on our lips.
- Essential oils like lavender oil, grapeseed oil, or lime oil nourish your lips from deep within. It will protect your lips from the chemicals present in lipsticks.
It is important to take good care of our lips. People who apply matte lipsticks on a day to day basis should make extra effort to heal the damage done by the lipsticks. For best results, exfoliate your lips using DIY Lip Mask before applying the lip balm. It helps in better absorption of the oils present in the lip balm. This lip balm can also be used as a base before applying any drying matte lipsticks.
Apply your homemade DIY lip balm before going to bed and wake up to soft baby lips. You must not waste more time and start making your very own organic DIY lip balm to get rid of your dry, chapped lips forever.
Check out the DIY Lip Gloss for more lip care routine.