DIY Face Serum – For Different Skin Type
Every individual is different and everyone wants different things in life but there’s one thing that we all desire for – ‘a skin that glows from within’. Nobody wants dull skin! This is the reason why people are always looking for products that can make their skin bright and glowing. Face serum is a hyped product that promises to give you glowing skin if used regularly and correctly. The face serums available in the market aren’t the most affordable one, which is why we have a DIY Face serum recipe for you.
Ingredients you would need are
The following three ingredients are require to make this DIY Face serum and will be ready in a few minutes.
1. A carrier oil (according to skin type which is mentioned below)
2. An essential oil (according to skin type which is mentioned below)
3. Vitamin E capsules
How to Make a DIY Face Serum?
Take a glass bottle and pour 60 ml of carrier oil in it. Next, take four vitamin E capsules and make a hole in it and squeeze out the oil directly into the jar. After you are done, add 20-25 drops of essential oil in it. Cover the glass bottle and shake it well so that the oils are mixed properly.
Your very own DIY Face serum is ready.
How to apply a DIY Face Serum correctly?
- It is recommended to use a dropper for using a face serum.
- Face serum should only be apply on a clean and dry face.
- It should be the first step in your skincare regime after you are done washing your face.
- Take 2-3 drops of this DIY Face serum, pat it between your palms and apply it gently on your face and neck.
- Follow it up with a moisturizer and a sunscreen during the day and a night cream at night.
Use the DIY Face serum religiously for at least fifteen days, both day and night, for visible results. Trust me, you won’t need a highlighter if you apply this magic potion.
Carrier Oils and Essential Oil suitable for different skin type which can be combined together to make a DIY Face serum
- Normal skin: Essential oils that work best for normal skin types are Lavender, Rosehip, and Bergamot. It works wonders when combine in the right proportion with carrier oils like Jojoba, Grapeseed, Sweet Almond, or Sunflower.
- Acne-prone skin: Essential oils that work best for acne-prone skin are Lavender, Lemon, or Frankincense. This works best when combine in the right proportion with carrier oils like Sesame oil, Argan oil, or Evening Primrose.
- Dry skin: Essential oils like Sandalwood, Roman Chamomile, and Cedarwood are great for dry skin type and works magically when combine with carrier oils like Avocado, Sweet Almond, Rosehip, or Apricot in the given proportion.
- Oily skin: Cypress, Orange, Lemon, and Bergamot are a few essential oils that suit oily skin type and give great results when combine with carrier oils like Jojoba, Argan, and Grapeseed.
- Aging skin: Essential oils that work best for aging skin are Neroli, Carrot seed, Rose, or Palmarosa when combined in the proportion with carrier oils like Sesame, Jojoba, or Argan.
Benefits of this DIY face serum
Essential oils present in the serum helps in healing dull and damaged skin. The oils penetrate deep inside to nourish the skin from within. Essential oil moisturizes your skin and makes it soft and glowing.
The oil from Vitamin E capsules has plenty of benefits. It treats dis-colouration, sunburns, and dark circles by providing enough moisture and hydration to your skin. Carrier oils act as a medium to dilute the concentrated essential oils so that it can be applied on the skin on an everyday basis. Carrier oil does not change or interfere with the properties of the essential oil in any way.
This DIY Face serum solves multiple skin issues with just a few drops which makes it a magic potion for your skin. Our DIY Face serum recipe sounds too good to be true but you won’t know if it’s true until and unless you try it yourself.