DIY Charcoal Mask – For Flawless and Radiant Skin
Skincare is no more just about taking care of your skin; it has become a social media trend lately. Everyday, there is a new skincare product launched, and people are keen on trying it. Charcoal Mask is one such skincare product that went viral on social media and quickly became a trend. People started posting selfies with a black mask on their face, and it was all over the internet. However, we can’t ignore the harmful chemicals present in the store-bought Charcoal masks. We have got you covered as we have a DIY Charcoal mask that is chemical-free and will do wonders.
Things required to make your DIY Charcoal mask
The following five ingredients are needed to prepare this DIY charcoal face mask at home.
- Bentonite Clay
- Aloe Vera gel
- Activated Charcoal
- Rose water
- Essential oil (Lavender, tea tree, or rose)
Steps involved in making this DIY Charcoal mask
- Take a glass bowl, add one teaspoon bentonite clay, and one teaspoon activated charcoal in it.
- In the next step, put half teaspoon Aloe Vera gel into the bowl. Mix it well with the dry ingredients.
- Next, add two teaspoons of rose water into the paste to give your DIY Charcoal Mask the right consistency.
- Lastly, add 2-3 drops of essential oil. Give it the right mix one last time, and your mask is ready.
Do a patch test before applying the mask on your face and neck. For visible results, use it once a week and follow it up with a good moisturizer as this DIY Charcoal mask can dry out your skin. People who have acne-prone or sensitive skin should consult their dermatologist or do proper research before using activated charcoal on their skin.
What are the benefits of this DIY Charcoal mask on the skin?
- The bentonite clay present in the mask heals damaged skin and calms down active acne. The main job of the clay is to remove excess oil or sebum from the skin and reduce the chances of breakouts.
- Aloe Vera gel is known to be rich in vitamins and is packed with antioxidants. Aloe soothes down irritated skin and is excellent for all skin types.
- Activated Charcoal is the hero of our DIY Charcoal mask that has multiple benefits. It goes deep into your pores to get rid of all the toxins and impurities. Charcoal acts as an exfoliating agent that removes blackheads and impurities.
- Rose water acts as the medium to bind all the ingredients together and gives it a mask-like consistency. It also helps in adding a natural glow to your skin by hydrating it. It claims to reduce redness and calms down irritated skin by maintaining the pH balance of the skin.
- You can consider essential oils like tea tree, lavender, or rose. Lavender oil works excellent on issues like acne and wrinkles. It also lightens and brightens your skin. Tea tree oil have the property of anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. Rose oil promotes regenerations of skin cells and reduces scars and fine lines.
Unlike the store-bought charcoal masks, this DIY Charcoal Mask is completely gentle and harmless on your skin, which makes it perfect for all skin types. All in all, the mask will deeply clean your skin by removing toxins and absorb excess oil so that your skin doesn’t feel greasy. You can use the mask once a week to achieve smooth and healthy-looking skin and use DIY Face Serum after cleaning your face. Also, check the DIY Face Mask for better results.
Don’t you think the mask has way too many benefits for you to not try it?