Best Face masks for Oily skin
Amongst all skin types, oily skin is the most difficult to handle. Due to excess sebum production, your face is always greasy and shiny. It is really hard to do a full face of makeup on oily skin during summers.
Not only that, but oily skin is also more prone to acne and breakouts, which makes it worse. People are always looking for solutions to control excess oil on their face.
The store-bought face masks for oily skin do more harm than benefit, leading to rashes and pimples.
Look around in your kitchen, and you will find ingredients that work magically on oily skin. You won’t even feel the need to buy best face masks for oily skin as you can make one for yourself at home.
5 Best Face Masks for Oily Skin – Homemade Recipe
We have five best face masks for oily skin that will improve the quality of your skin and reduce sebum production.
Honey turmeric and curd face mask
Take half teaspoon honey, two teaspoons curd, and ¼th teaspoon turmeric. Mix everything well and apply it properly on your face and neck.
Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off.
Gently apply a moisturizer all over your face.
Fuller’s earth, lemon juice, and rose water pack
- Fuller’s Earth
- Lemon Juice
- Rose Water
Take one teaspoon fuller’s earth powder, two teaspoon lemon juice and a few drops of rose water. Mix the ingredients well and gently apply it on your face using a brush.
Once your mask is completely dry, use a wet hand towel to remove the mask.
Follow it up with face toner and a face moisturizer.
Bentonite clay with witch hazel mask
- Bentonite Clay
- Witch Hazel
Take one teaspoon of bentonite clay and two teaspoons of witch hazel, mix them well, and your best face mask for oily skin is ready.
Apply this mask on your face and let it dry. Rinse it off.
Follow it up with a good moisturizer.
Banana and honey mask
Take ¼th of a banana and mash it nicely with the help of a spoon. Add one teaspoon honey into it. Mix it well to give it a mask-like consistency.
Apply this mask twice a week for soft baby skin.
Don’t forget to apply a good moisturizer after washing your face.
Egg white, lemon, and honey mask
- Egg White
Take one egg white, one teaspoon honey, and half teaspoon lemon juice in a bowl. Mix everything well and apply it on your face and neck using a soft brush.
Let the mask sit for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
Follow it up with a good moisturizer, apply the moisturizer in a circular direction all over your face and neck.
These face masks are chemical-free and full of natural goodness, but we recommend you to do a patch test on your hand before applying them if you have severe acne or sensitive skin.
Benefits of the following ingredients on Oily skin
- Honey: It is antibacterial, antiseptic, and moisturizes your skin.
- Curd: Loaded with vitamins and nutrients, curd heals damaged skin. It nourishes your skin and makes it baby soft.
- Fuller’s Earth: It removes excess oil and reduces sebum production. It helps in getting rid of greasy, shiny skin and lightens dark spots and pigment.
- Lemon: Lemon is excellent for reducing acne, pimples, and breakouts as it has antibacterial properties.
- Turmeric: It has anti-inflammatory properties, removes tanning, and controls your skin from producing excess sebum.
- Witch Hazel: This ingredient is excellent for oily and acne-prone skin. It deep-cleanses your skin without excessively drying it.
- Bentonite Clay: The clay soothes down active acne or any kind of irritation or redness. Bentonite Clay is considered to be an excellent absorbent too.
- Rosewater: Rosewater kills acne-causing bacteria and helps in keeping your pores clean. A lot of people with oily skin apply rose water as a toner.
- Banana: A fruit that is full of nutrients; a banana is not only a good exfoliator but also repairs and moisturizes your skin.
- Egg white: It makes your skin firm and reduces the size of your pores. Egg white also adds a lovely glow to your skin.
Try these easy-to-make best face masks for oily skin at home and forget about greasy and oily skin.